I have been dabbling in a little bit of vegan cookery lately, cause my boyfriend is vegan :) and I love baking for him.
So I have come up with these little lovelies. Apricot and dark chocolate has always been one of my favorite flavour combinations so I decided to make a batch of muffins for my man.
preheat the oven to 220c on fanbake
prepare muffin tray (makes about 10 - 12 medium sized muffins)
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
5 tsp brown sugar
1 can of apricots drained, then mashed
2/3 cup of soy milk
1/3 cup of dark chocolate
pinch of salt
First measure the flour sugar salt and baking powder into a large bowl. mix thoroughly with a fork until no lumps of brown sugar can be seen.
Drain the apricots and save the liquid for flavouring the icing, mash the apricots with a fork.
Add the soy milk to the apricots and mix till combined.
Chop up the dark chocolate into tiny pieces and add them to the dry ingredients, mix till well dispersed.
Add the liquids to the dry ingredients, and stir with a fork till just combined.
Spoon into the muffin cups, about 2/3s full put in the oven straight away cook until springy when poked, about 12 mins.
No comments:
Post a Comment